The Linux operating system (OS) powers 98% of the world’s supercomputers, most Internet servers, millions of Android devices, cloud platforms, and more. With Linux as the foundation for so much technology and innovation, job opportunities continue to increase in areas like big data, cloud computing, cybersecurity, networking, programming, and software.
Dates: 5th-9th Mar 2018; 23rd-27th April 2018; 4th-8th June 2018
This course covers Essential skills for the Entry Level Linux professional that are common across all distributions of Linux. Participants learn the fundamental skills, Commands and approach needed to successfully start using Linux, and prepares them for more advanced Linux System Administration tasks. On successful completion of the course participants receive a Certificate of Course Completion from AFRALTI. It also prepares students for the LPIC Level 1 Certification (Linux Professional Institute Certification – Junior Level Linux Professional) and the CompTIA Linux + Certification.
- Prerequisites: In order to successfully complete this course, participants should at least be Basic PC users with knowledge of PC Operating System and Hardware.
- Structure: This is a 40 hour Instructor led Hands-on course conducted in a computer lab environment, with short lecture sessions.
- Duration: 5 days (8.30am – 5.30pm)
- Tuition Fee: Kes 25,000/-
- Linux Essentials Course Details
Dates: 12th-16th Mar 2018; 7th-11th May 2018; 11th-15th June 2018
This is a hands-on Advanced course designed for Linux System Administrators responsible for the Design, Installation, Configuration and Support of Linux Servers in a networked business environment. The Course addresses major Linux System Administration Domains like the Linux Kernel, Maintenance, Filesystems, Hardware Configuration, Network Services Configuration, System Optimization and Improvement and many other mission critical skills a Linux System Administrator needs. On successful completion of the course participants receive a Certificate of Course Completion from AFRALTI and are prepared for the LPIC Level 1 Certification ( Linux Professional Institute Certification Advanced Level Linux Professional )
- Prerequisites: In order to successfully complete this course, participants should at least be Basic Linux users.
- Structure: This is a 40 hour Instructor led Hands on course conducted in a computer lab environment, with short lecture sessions.
- Duration: Full time 5 Days (8.30am – 4.30pm); Part-time 6 Weeks (5.30pm – 7.30pm)
- Tuition Fee: Kes 40,000/-
- Discount on exams
- Linux Administration – Level 1 Course Details