General Course Objective
Upon completion of this course, you will have a basic understanding of small and medium-sized networks, including general network technologies, and the ability to assist the design of small and medium-sized networks, and implement the designs using Huawei routing and switching devices.
Specific Course Objectives
On completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles of data communication and be competent for basic O&M of IP networks.
- Plan and design IP addresses.
- Performing Basic VRP Operations.
- Describe the functions and working principles of the switching equipment.
- Set up an efficient switching network by configuring switching devices and running the STP/RSTP protocol.
- Describe the basic principles of routing and routing protocols. Configure OSPF to build an efficient routing network.
- Configure common services on enterprise networks, such as DHCP, FTP, and Telnet, so that engineer can efficiently use and manage the network.
- Configure link aggregation, VLAN to enhance the performance of Layer two networks.
- Configure HDLC, PPP, PPPoE to implement WAN interconnection.
- Performing NAT Configuration.
- Configure ACL, AAA, and IPSec/GRE to provide security solutions for IP networks
- Configure SNMP to manage networks in a unified manner.
- Know about principle of MPLS and Segment Routing.
1. Basic Knowledge of TCP/IP
1.1 Introduction to Transmission Media
1.2 Ethernet framing
1.3 IP addressing
1.4 ICMP protocol
1.5 ARP protocol
1.6 Transport layer protocol
1.7 Data forwarding Scenario
2. Introduction to the VRP
2.1 VRP Foundation
2.2 Navigating the CLI
2.3 File System Navigation and Management
2.4 VRP Operating system Image management
3. Introduction to the Ethernet Switching
3.1 Establishing a Single Switched Network
3.2 Spanning Tree Protocol
3.3 Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
4. Introduction to the IP Unicast Routing
4.1 Basic Knowledge of IP Routing
4.2 IP Static Route
4.3 Link State Routing with OSPF
5. Introduction to the basic IP Serivce
5.1 DHCP Protocol Principles
5.2 FTP Protocol Principles
5.3 Telnet Protocol Principles
6. Advanced switching technologies
6.1 Link aggregation
6.2 VLAN Principle
6.3 VLAN Routing
7. Introduction to WAN
7.1 Principle and Configuration of HDLC and PPP
7.2 Principle and Configuration of PPPoE
8. Introduction to Access Control
8.1 Network address translation
8.2 Access control list
8.4 Securing Data with IPsec VPN
8.5 Generic Routing Encapsulation
9. Introduction to Network Management
9.1 Simple Network Management Protocol
10. Introducing IPv6 Networks
10.1 Introducing IPv6 Networks
10.2 IPv6 Routing Technologies
10.3 IPv6 Application Service – DHCPv6
11. Basic knowledge of MPLS and SR
11.1 MPLS basic principle
11.2 Segment Routing basic principle
This course is delivered by highly skilled and experienced Huawei Certified Instructors who have also attained the HCIA, HCIP, HCIE, among other related certifications.