CISCO IT ESSENTIALS
The Internet is changing life as we know it and bringing new opportunities to communities throughout the world, increasing the global demand for information and communication technology (ICT) skills. Innovations such as social networking, cloud computing, virtualization and mobile devices are changing the way we live, work, play, and learn. These innovations are all powered by networks, and there is a shortage of qualified ICT candidates to design, install, and manage these networks.
The Cisco Networking Academy® IT Essentials curriculum provides an introduction to the technical skills needed to help meet the growing demand for entry-level ICT professionals. The curriculum covers the basics of computers, mobile device hardware, and software, while introducing advanced security and networking concepts and the responsibilities of an ICT professional.
The curriculum offers the following features and benefits:
• Students develop working knowledge of how computers operate, how to assemble computers, and how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
• Updated relevant curriculum and labs are delivered in the Cisco Networking Academy learning environment and include new topics such as virtualization and cloud computing.
• Expanded coverage on mobile device hardware and software configuration, plus diagnostics and common security threats and vulnerabilities. Emphasis on the practical application of skills and procedures needed for hardware and software installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
• Cisco® Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking and network security concepts, while allowing students to experiment with network behavior.
• Online assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
• The course helps students develop the career skills needed to successful communicate within an ICT business environment and interact with customers.
No prerequisites! This course is intended for individuals who wish to pursue careers in IT. It also helps students develop greater skills and confidence in working with computers and local area networks.
it essentials kenya, cisco kenya, afralti kenya