Become acquainted with the best practices of Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701
Why should you attend?
The ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation training course is designed to help participants understand the basic concepts and principles of a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701. Moreover, during this training course, students will learn more on the structure of the standard including its requirements, guidance and controls on the protection of the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) principals and the relationship of the standard with ISO/ IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002.
After completing this training course, you can sit for the exam and, if you successfully pass it, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation” credential. A PECB Foundation certificate proves that you have comprehended the fundamental methodologies, requirements, guidelines, framework and managerial approach.
- Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of a privacy information management system (PIMS) based on ISO/IEC 27701
- Identify the relationship between ISO/IEC 27701, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, standards, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and management of a PIMS
Day 1: Introduction to privacy information management system (PIMS) concepts as specified in ISO/IEC 27701
Day 2: Privacy information management system (PIMS) and certification exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27701 Foundation” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a privacy information management system (PIMS)
- Domain 2: Privacy information management system (PIMS)
After successfully passing the exam, you can apply for the credential shown on the table below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. Certification fees are included in the exam price. For more information about the PECB certification process, please refer to the Certification Rules and Policies.
- Participants will be provided with the training material containing over 200 pages of explanatory information, discussion topics, examples and exercises.
- An attendance record certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
Who should attend?
- Individuals involved in information security and privacy management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge on the main processes of a privacy information management system
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in privacy information management
- Individuals responsible for personally identifiable information (PII) within organizations
- Information security team members