20 October 2021
Dates: 9th – 13th November 2015
Duration: 5 Days
Venue: Kampala, Uganda
Tuition Fees: US$1,200 per participant from AFRALTI member states and
US$1,440 per participant from Non-AFRALTI Member States
Technical personnel work with mobile and Internet service providers, and colleges and IT professionals working in the field.
The applicant must have a minimum of diploma in Telecommunication or its equivalent or at least five years experience in IT industry.
During the course students will learn the fundamentals of DWDM communications. In particular they will learn about the topologies and architectures used for access networks. They will learn about the protocols necessary for access network. The course also covers design and implementations methods and components used.
The will be classroom presentations by power points and lab practical. Learning will also be carried out through group discussions and case studies.
After the course participants should be able to:
Understand DWDM principles
- Know how to design a DWDM network for broadband access.
- Select the components and materials for DWDM broadband access
- Apply optical fiber deployment strategies for DWDM.
- Compare DWDM and Other broadband access technologies
- Test DWDM link for broadband access.