ICT4D (Information and Communication Technologies for Development), 26th – 30th January 2015 at Naura Springs Hotel in Arusha, Tanzania
ICT4D is an initiative aimed at bridging the digital divide (the disparity between technological “have” and “have not” geographic locations or demographic groups) and aiding economic development by ensuring equitable access to up-to-date communications technologies. Information and communication technologies (ICTs) include any communication device encompassing radio, television, cellular phones, computer, network, hardware and software, satellite systems and so on, as well as the various services and applications associated with them, such as videoconferencing and distance learning. This course will be looking at ICT in the development in the Government, Agriculture, Education and Private business sectors.
This course will significantly benefit ICT professionals, public servants, private sector and all entrepreneurs who design, build and manage enterprise.
The objective of the workshop is gain understanding and how to use ICT for the development in the various fields of work or sector.
Workshop Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding ICT
- Raise awareness about the role of ICT for development, its benefits and requirements
- Trend in ICT application
- Limitation of ICT
- Explain information, communications in business processes
- Discuss measures to ensure use of ICT in Poverty alleviation.
- Create an enabling environment for the adoption of ICT
- Build capacity & skills for the information economy