12 October 2021
Fiber Optic Certification Course, 6th-10th Aug 2018, Nairobi, Kenya
Fiber Optic course is designed for anyone interested in becoming a Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT). This course combines theory and hands-on activities. This leads to final test required by the FOA (Fiber Optic Association) and given and graded on the final class day. The course also introduces the participant to industry standards governing outside plant and premises fiber networks. Upon successful completion, this certification is recognized by many companies all over the world including customers and installers.
Course prepares the participant to take the CFOT (Certified Fiber Optic Technician) Test given and graded at the end of class. Participant will be able to effectively and efficiently design, install, terminate, and test multimode/singlemode fiber optic networks.
IT Managers, Telecommunication Engineers, Voice, Data and Video (VDV) and FTTx Technicians.
Core Areas Covered
- How Fiber works, advantages and disadvantages of optical Fiber
- Introduction to optical Fiber transmission systems
- Manufacture of optical Fiber cables
- Types, characteristics, classification and structure of optical Fibers
- Optical devices
- Optical Networks
- Safety precautions
- Optical Fiber installation methods
- Optical Fiber splicing and termination methods
- Optical Fiber link testing
- Optical power budgeting calculations
- Introduction to fiber-to-the-home.
- Trouble shooting and maintenance procedures
Lectures, PowerPoint Presentation, and hands on practical in splicing, connectorization, termination and testing.
Along with chapter tests, class discussions, and substantial hands-on activities, the CFOT Test is given and graded at the end of the class. Participants will demonstrate the ability to build and test a fiber optic link.