17 January 2022
Internet of Things and Cloud Computing, 5th-16th Nov 2018, Nairobi, Kenya
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the network of physical objects accessed through the Internet. These objects contain embedded technology to interact with internal states or the external environment. In other words, when objects can sense and communicate, it changes how and where decisions are made, and who makes them.
It is estimated that by the year 2020 there will be about 50 billion objects interacting with the physical world by way of sensors be they temperature, movement, frequency, humidity, light, sound, pressure, chemical properties, and many others. These smart digital devices will need to communicate over the Internet infrastructure with the people, collect data using the sensors, and respond to instructions and situations.
This course is intended for professionals interested in gaining understanding of the new trends in the constantly changing ICT domain and their impact in business, namely, IT/IS Professionals, Business/Data Analysts, Project Managers, Business Development officers, Risk Management professionals, Internet Cloud Services professionals, Entrepreneurs, among others.
- Understand the concepts of IoT and its impact on business & government organizations
- Understand the various components and architecture of IoT
- Understand the role of cloud computing (deployment and service models, architecture, private cloud infrastructural
- concerns, security and privacy concerns) in IoT
- Understand the role of data mining, business analytics and big data technologies in IoT
- Analyze and explore the security and privacy challenges in IoT
Professional training and experience in the ICT domain and/or data or business analysis.